Friday, December 11, 2009

Finding the funny bone

Does it ever happen to you that when you talk to some people in particular you find yourself being wittier or charmingly funnier than usual? Of course this is not applicable to people who are just generally blessed with a funny bone. I'm talking about people like me who are, lets face it, not that funny most of the time. But when it happens to be that particular funny friend (not to be mistaken with phony friend. See, my sense of humour is awful, sniffs) your e-mails, conversations, or even an sms are charged with that spark of funnyness. Word play and sarcasm seem easy to come by and life's really ha ha hee hee.

I guess it has to do with the relationship you share with the person. Probably it is the comfort factor - you're not worried about being judged. And by the way if you're judging me at this point and thinking that these funny friends of mine probably are not funny themselves, implying my bonhomie with them, then you're partly correct wrong. I mean, some of them are hilarious so its probably just easier to make them laugh when they're already laughing. Makes sense? And then with some, I have to admit I'm funny (even if I say so!).

I envy people who have the magical ability of bringing laughter wherever they go. It's their wit, their personality and the things they do, that make people smile/laugh/roll on the floor. On the other hand, you need people like me to giggle and laugh when the joke is out (that is if I get the joke, kidding). But really, either you have it or you dont. And forcing a bad joke down somebody's throat will only make you fall flat and lose all those teeth. And after you've visited the dentist to get them fixed, guess who'll be having the last laugh?

No comments: